Sunday 21 April 2013

Happy Birthday

Yes about 3 days ago... 

Well when you're younger you'd think that birthday is such a fun thing - maybe until 21st (That's when most people had their biggest party. I swear I didn't had one. I spent mine eating kweytiao with my boyfriend at kopitiam.) But as you age, birthday seem much less important. Especially that you're working and you know people around you are busy too. 

Most of my closer friends are overseas this year. So it is pretty much a quiet year - not a whole load quieter actually.

I met my best friend for 10years on Sunday for a meal. She treated me to quite a lot of food - honestly I am a little guilty that I broke her budget. She kept apologizing for not buying me gifts though. Till I realise the reason was that her grandfather passed away just a couple weeks before my birthday. Mine passed away when I was in Secondary 4. Man it is sad. I felt so sorry for her - so thankful at the same time for still remembering me even though we only meet twice a year.

Moving on. My boyfriend came out with a surprise for me the first time in our manymanymany years of relationship! CUPCAKES
These are by Dream Patisserie.
Their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dream-P%C3%A2tisserie/493701310693421
I am so impressed. The one who baked these cakes and does these wonderful designs is none other but a young lady around 19 (I guessed her age). But for someone so young to have such creativity and balls to start her own business, we got to give her some credit. Her cakes taste good too.

My dinner with my boyfriend. He insist on eating something expensive this yr - definitely not kopitiam again. But I didn't want to waste the cash - if something normal fills me up like expensive food do, why go for the most expensive one.

Since he insist, I just walked in to the first non-kopitiam place. Some jap food thing, I don't even remember the name of that place now. :X

 Dinner with daddy and boyfriend. Well. Ofcourse this is not the only thing we had. I forgot to take picture of all the food till the end. :X So... ya.
We ate it at Ding Tai Fong though.

Truffles - This little thing cost $4 each!!! DAMN! If you are a mushroom fan, try it maybe. Otherwise NO! My dad insist on asking for the most expensive thing inside so yeh there it goes. We had many other Paus but this is the only one I remember to photograph - due to its price..........

Cupcake for breakfast again. Lol. along with coffee and microwaved egg. :X

A dose of my boyfriend........
Me: Dear get me a cup of iced tea.
Him: But the ice is stuck to the pastic thing and I don't have enough tea.
Me: Get it out and pour all the tea then.
..... That's what he gave me. A huge piece of ice, WHERE EVER IS THE TEA?!


No comments:

Post a Comment