Saturday 12 January 2013

Beauty Trends - 2013 (Makeup & Hair)

I try to update a little on beauty trends each year. But I'd repeat this... beauty trends yearly are kind of a bullshit -- since things like glowing skin, full brows, effortless beauty etc have been in the list for many years. Each season, without fail.

Nevertheless, there are always some new things cosmetic companies try to come out with yearly. We all appreciate these don't we. What's our new shopping spree if there isn't anything new in 'trend'?

 #1: flawless skin - Alexander Mcqueen takes on less is more this year. Pale, clear complexion is could never go wrong.

L - R: Alexander Mcqueen, Jason Wu, Jason wu, Marc Jocobs

#2: Full brows: Now full brows has been in trend for quite a while now. I could see it being strong still. However if there was going to be something different this year, I'd say Edie Sedwick is an icon that you could safely follow. Thick brows, strong eyes, pixie hair.
Note: Again, pretty pale, clear skin.


L - R: Chanel, Gucci

#3: Strong eyes. From Chanel, Dior's metallic bold eyes to Gucci's full lashes, the emphasis is on the eyes ladies. This however is not going to be a easy look on daily wear. I'd say, a clubber's favorite trend this year - perhaps. I could imagine these looks shine on photos in the evening.


#4: Red lips. If red lips hasn't been in fashion enough, I say, matte red lips. Burberry has her take on one of the most undying trends in history. Matte red lips could never be more classy. Anyone could wear this look - just not easy to keep up perhaps. Exfoliating your lips, get the liner, reapplication of color throughout your meal. Oh, and spending time choosing the right 'red'. Not something for lazy ladies. 

 
L - R: Peter Som, Tibi

#5: Pastels. I'd say this is one of the newer things I've seen in trend these few years. Pastels has not only been popular on runway eyes. They've made it to the hair color too. 


Hair #1: Pastel hair for Peter Som.  A pop of color in general I'd say. Even red hair! :)


Hair #2: Textures. Well textured hair is almost everywhere this year. Marc Jacobs is not the only one. If you look at the following hairstyles, they've got something to do with it. 
Note: Full brows, pale flawless skin again.


L - R: Jason Wu, Honor

Hair #3: Braids. Yes, braids itself is a kind of texture which falls straight into #2. I'd say classic braids is a way to go this year. However I wouldn't be surprised if fishtail or even rope braids become big too. They all are interesting textures and they hold your hair in place. 


My favorite trends of the year?
Definitely the part on Edie Sedwick. Of course I would never suggest going on eyebrows that FULL. However, having eyebrows slightly thicker reveals a younger age. It also makes you look more awake, and brings a balance to your entire face. I also am a fan of strong eyes this year. We've all been on a 'naked' train last year and I'd be pretty excited for this change.

As for hair, textures is really good for me. I'm lazy and I don't really comb my hair. No one shall say I'm lazy this year - I'm in trend. Braids is really fun too. I've been using braids to create natural heat free curls lately. Just braid your hair before sleeping, and you wake up with pretty curls. Hairspray it, and you're basically ready to go.

Xoxo


Photos are taken from harper, vouge, cosmo.

No comments:

Post a Comment