Wednesday 22 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Valentine's day is definitely one of those days I'd actually look forward to! A little worrying sometimes because you don't want your other half to be spending too much on gifts(Unless of course if your other half is super rich then demand for all the expensive gifts you want!). OR spending too little effort.

I used to tell him how much I love sunflowers but I decided that I didn't want any of it this year on. Maybe I've turned a little more practical. What could a sunflower do to me except for drying up one day and that I have no heart to throw it away. I'd end up having dam alot of dried sunflowers like those I had in my old house. I think my mom forced me to throw away around 30 dried sunflowers when we moved house. And then I got upset for at least 2 weeks. :( dam.

So no sunflowers. And of course no other flowers, they are not practical at all. Though they may look good. Then might as well just buy fake flowers for me? And I told him I only want useful stuff that I might use everyday. I didn't want him to get me any earrings/necklace/bracelets, any form of jewels since I already have tonnes of them from friends and I'm too lazy to wear them. No clothes of course since I got to fit them then no surprise. No makeup stuff also even though I love them, because again I need to like them and I don't think a boy like him knows how to differentiate between good and bad makeup items!

So...
He got me a notebook.
And it totally surprised me!
Even has a pocket at the end of the book for me to store random notes. I have some issues with buying and then using my notebooks. Sometimes I cant bare to use my notebook because they're so pretty, I'd store them for years! Like now I have a notebooks that I've stored for around 6 or 7 years - and I didn't even notice I was storing them until the night I saw this beautiful notebook. But I will be using this one for sure.

Like what he told me, expensive notebooks for expensive thoughts. Because an idea is priceless, and you could make the notebook worth a million.
Love you my dear.

This notebook is from peterpauper, http://www.peterpauper.com
He got it in Singapore though, I have no idea where it is located. So it'd be great if you are in US. Sg's price is ridiculous. That notebook goes for over $30. I'm note sure if peterpauper ships overseas though, love all their notebooks!


And a spectacles holder. I've been lazy so I sorta waved my contact lenses goodbye and wear only specs now. Most of my clients calls me the spectacles girl. And I kept misplacing mine. I'd wake up one morning and go, WHERE IS MY SPECS! I'd make him look all around the house to find my specs for me if he was with me. Love this baby so much, though I didn't tell him that.
Again, no idea where in sg he got this from.

My Valentine's day this year is rather quiet, no romantic dinner dates, neither did we stay out all day hugging each other. We just had a simple dinner with daddy at a kopitiam, took bus home. But this is one of the best days I've spent. Simply because I received such a precious gift from someone who put in so much effort into observing me.

WOBERT!
She's eating veggies while standing up!
XOXO

1 comment: