Friday 21 December 2012

21st Dec - End of the world. Sth funny.


I was on telegraph... and I came across this. Had a good laugh, so I thought I'd share it! :D 
---
09.42 A reader has emailed us, an actual one, not made up, called Lloyd Dodd. He has fashion advice for the end of the world. I genuinely didn't make this up.
(I include here in full, but if the end is already underway where you are: smart casual is good, don't dress like a hooker)
E-mailDear Friends, I have been pondering something important recently and was encouraged by a friend to share it with you. With my background in protocol and etiquette I feel that I have sufficient knowledge to speak authoritatively on this topic. This burning question that needs an answer is, of course, what to wear for the end of the world. Yes, I'm sure it has crossed your mind as well and here is my considered opinion on the matter.
Do not over dress. Evening jacket or sequinned cocktail dress is far too pretentious and, let's face it, just not that comfortable. A good rule of thumb is not to wear any outfit that requires a tie or expensive clutch.
Mind you, this option never crossed the minds of most people, but you're not most people now are you? You're the discerning type who likes to make a good impression, just remember that it might look like you're trying too hard if you over dress when meeting your maker. He/She will appreciate it more if you dress in a smart but casual manner.
On the other side of the spectrum are those who intend to meet their maker in a bathrobe and fuzzy bunny slippers. Mind you, God does enjoy the ironic aspects of mankind, but dressing is such a manner shows a lack of respect both for yourself and your Creator.
Your favourite jammies might be comfy, but let's face it, you wouldn't wear them to the grocery store so why would you become one with eternity in them? (If you do wear your pyjamas to the grocery store, or to breakfast in the hotel lobby, please unfriend me now ... right now.)
It's time to grow up and have a little respect for both yourself and the world around you. If you're going to dress like an adult once in your life, I recommend this be the day.
So what should you wear? As stated above, a smart casual look is perfectly acceptable. Blazers and open sports shirts are good for men, but it's always a good idea to just let your spouse dress you. Women should feel free to wear a demure knee-length dress or a nice pants-suit. Sandals are a definite no-no as it's December, I don't care how cute your feet look in them (our Antipodean cousins might have a little more leeway, but I try not to think about their sartorial escapades.) Also heels over three inches are out. You do not want to meet your Lord and Maker looking like a hooker.
Just dress like you're meeting Mitzie and Chauncie at the country club for dinner and drinks and you'll be dressed perfectly for the horror that will be the end of the world.
Best of luck to everyone!
Mr Lloyd Dodd
Thanks Lloyd!
09.40 Ben Lagle tweets me from North Carolina, where it is "pretty vold". Possibly Mayan lingo, don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment