Sunday 2 December 2012

How to lose weight

Now I'm not anywhere close to being skinny(Ok once. I was underweight all the way till I was 7years old). But I was really overweight once. I'm only 1.63cm/5.34ft tall, and I once weigh 68kg. I was 1.59 when I weigh 68kg btw. Now obviously everyone in school laughs at me and my confidence lvl is extremely low. I felt miserable everyday. I'd cry secretly and of course, I couldn't wear a lot of pretty clothes! 

My fear of being laughed at everyday wasn't helped by my neck turning grayish black. Which is an early sign of diabetes. My mom's side has a history of diabetes, so that freaked me out. I decided to lose some weight. 

I lost a bulk of my weight in my secondary school, just from stress and being in this club in sch whr they force us to run around the school every morning. Obviously this is really embarrassing! But from that, I lost around 10kg in a stretch of 1.5years, with healthy diet. By that, I meant no fried food and sweet drinks at all for around a year. I continued eating healthy and cutting down my carbs intake slowly. That brought my weight down to 52kg - 54kg after another year plus.  

I started running during one of the holidays in my JC1. Which kind of changed my life. I fell in love with running. Running daily also helped stop me from eating some how. I'd feel really full for an hour plus after running (I run around 3km everyday, followed by 100 sit ups daily). That really helped since I usually finish my run half an hour before my dinner. With less food for dinner and my run, I managed to reach 48kg - 50kg. Managed to keep that weight for around 2 years. I think.

Then I moved house. I started eating out everyday. Oily junk food - roti prata for supper everynight, pizza for lunch, KFC...... And I stopped running because there isn't proper running track here. ok i'm just lazy! For 3 years.

My weight went through a crazy shift! I gained like 10kg. And to be honest, I was never too upset about it because I could still fit into most of my clothes. It was until 3 weeks back that I realise I couldn't fit into one of my favorite dresses! Well I could fit into it but I look FAT. like. fat. 

I told myself I need to lose weight. And step one was to stop eating out. I cooked myself meals everyday, brought it to work. I stopped drinking the ever so famous Gong Cha (highly sweetened milk tea). And I try to go for a run at least once a week. A 2 - 2.4km run with at least 30 sit ups. 

Its been 3 weeks, and I've lost around 4kg - last checked today morning. I try to bring non fattening treats eg low fat yogurt and skimmed milk where ever I go. Keep eating throughout the day. That speeds up metabolism rate and keeps you away from junk food - eg fries from McDonald.

Below, I'm showing some of the foods I cooked for myself - and you'd see it's not torturous to eat non-fattening food. In fact, they're really delicious. You just have to be determined to cook everyday and run at least once a week. Of course, try to walk around as much as possible everyday. What I do daily is to walk to mrt station and mop floor. Hmm ya. It's not hard to lose weight girls.

Beef stew. I love to eat this for dinner. It's really quick to prepare. Cut beef into chunks and lay they on non stick pan. Without any oil. Wait for a side to be slightly burnt and flip it over. Add water, salt, black pepper, chilli, onion and garlic. Let it cook for around 10minutes and you're ready to go. Eat with with whole grain bread, glass noodles or oatmeal crepe below!

This is what I eat for breakfast. Oatmeal egg crepe + 2 pieces of low fat ham. Mix 2 - 3 spoon of oatmeal with 2 spoon of milk. Crack an egg and stir well. Fry it like you would a pancake. Add some sugar if you want. As for the ham, just buy from Supermarket. Choose the ones with lesser fat. 

One of my favorite snack. Oatmeal apple ginger steamed cake. Just change out 2/3 of the flour you'd normally use with oatmeal, and all the butter to skimmed milk and cooking oil. Its really yummy. 

My dinner/lunch again. Beef stew prepared the same way as the previous one, bt I added vegg. 

As for the fish..
Lay the fish on a non stick pan and squeeze 2 whole lime juice on it, and add some salt. I like to add a little of oil when I fry fish because fish stick to my pan like crazy. That gets rid of the fishy taste. Flip over when one side is slightly burnt and add half a bowl of water. Since my fish is around 0.5kg, I waited for all the water to dry up before it's ready to eat.  

Mussels. The easiest thing on earth to cook. But it tastes heavenly. Pour a can of beer, add 2-3 chili, some garlic, onion, half a tablespoon butter, some salt... and the mussels! add some mushrooms on top if you want and just let it boil for around 45 minutes. Ready to eat. BEST MUSSELS ON EARTH.

I hope this could inspire some ladies. I understand how painful it is to be overweight. But sometimes it just boils down to your diet. Don't ever go on a no-food diet. Or just fruit diets. I eat like crazy these 3 weeks, yet I shed over 4kg. Never go without food - it hurts your body really bad. Of course, upon reaching your desired weight, maintain a healthy diet. Just don't eat like a monster like what I did - prata + pizza + KFC. Remember. Smaller portions, many meals a day. Bring energy bar out if it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment