Monday 21 November 2011

Fall makeup look/trend - Orange Eyes

Hello everyone, I'm doing a look for fall again! This time, I'm inspired by a look I saw in a video by Gossmakeupartist:

He did mention though, that orange color is extremely hard to wear, but it'd be great for women of color.

Well I got to agree it is really hard to wear orange, but it is possible for lighter skin toned ladies out there to wear bright, striking orange too!

A key point to wearing orange though, is to keep the rest of the face really as minimum as possible! One color I never want to over do is orange.

As you could see, I've whitened my face quite a bit with a more neutral tone foundation. That is because my original skintone is so yellowish. I'd look outrageous with bright neon orange on my eyes!


I've also mute out my lips with my foundation and then a bit of Revlon Matte lipstick in Cocoa Craving.


Now my face is left really pale because I really don't want to pick up a fight with the strong orange color on my eyes. And I paired this look with the new scarf I got recently, a very neutral toned one would work great.


Keeping everything matte is beautiful for winter. I don't normally associate glossy looks with fall. Anyway, don't you think this look is much much more wearable with a pair of geeky specs? :D

Products used:
Face: Mehron liquid makeup - Juvenile
Eyes: Orange colors from 120 Eyeshadow palette, Maybelline Line stiletto Liquid Eyeliner
Cheeks: NIL
Lips: Foundation to mute out the original color, Revlon Matte Lipstick - Cocoa Craving

No comments:

Post a Comment